Monday, September 6, 2010

Cameras, College, & Craft Fairs

Ok, so this post is going to be all over the place; Im warning you! First off, it is not really a jewelry-related post. It's just about me and my life (and a little bit about jewelry).

Ok first update: I got a new camera! A Canon PowerShot SD960 IS to be specific. And okay, maybe not too exciting for you, but really great + exciting for me! Haha. Why? Well, I've been waiting to get a camera for a while now (as most of my friends know). I've been borrowing cameras, using my silly phone camera, etc for years (yes, years. how did I survive? I don't know.), which is hard for me because I love taking photos of everything. Ok enough talk about me. Here's the camera itself!:

Isn't it great? And it's blue, my favorite color!

Now, I know it's nothing fancy like a big SLR, which is probably what you expected from the owner of a jewelry business (who is a poor college student by the way). But what I've learned, on my limited budget, is that you don't need a big clunky camera to take quality photos. For example, all of the photos I have taken of my jewelry in the past were taken by my friend's other point & shoot Canon. It was an amazing camera, and I would have gotten it myself, but they never released it in the US I think, or its not available anymore. But it was definitely all I needed to take those quality, close-up photos of my jewelry. And it was pretty simple since it was just a point & shoot and didn't require big lenses or too many complicated controls. Basically, it was just fine, and if you have the photography skills, you can use any camera to take great photos.

And now that I have my own camera, I no longer need to borrow from my friends! What does this mean for you and Hermosa Boudoir? Well, it means that I will be quicker in releasing new designs and photos. Meaning more content! See, great for you now! Haha. :)

On a different note, I plan on attending the Renegade Craft Fair, here in Chicago, this weekend! I'm gonna try to take some photos of the crafts there and report back to you all! I hear the Renegade Craft Fair is amazing, and that it has over 300 artists selling their wares. I know that a table there costs a lot of money... like what over 500 right? I just know its out of my budget for now. But hopefully one day I can become a vendor. For now I'll just stick with oogling everyone else's stuff.

Also, I just started classes today. TODAY. I am a student at DePaul University and it's my last year. Yeah, I'm a senior. It's so strange walking around campus, and imagining that after one year, this will no longer be part of my life. It's actually kind of disheartening, and I'm kind of in denial... Well, I guess it just means that I better make the most out of my last year and make some great memories. :)

Ok, well if you've made it this far in the post, you must either be bored, or my life might actually be interesting! Thanks a lot either way ^_~

Love,

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment