Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My First Jewelry Show!

So, if you haven't heard by now, on Sunday I had the chance to showcase and sell my jewelry at Navy Pier here in Chicago, IL!


This was my first time ever doing any kind of public showing of my designs, so it was super exciting and new to me! It was really an amazing experience because I was able to get the public's honest feedback on my jewelry.  And it was also really encouraging to just see how people instantly reacted to it. For example, even before we had the table completely set up, customers were just gravitating to the table, touching and admiring pieces. In addition to that, it was cool to see that other people shared the same taste in Swarovski that I do, and that they genuinely liked my work! :) After all... it really is one thing to sell online, but it's totally another deal to sell in person to strangers or people who you don't know!

Overall, people were very polite, flattering, and encouraging to me and my booth. Many also thought that I was an established business that had its own store front here in Chicago, IL, and I took that as a compliment.

My display itself wasn't too shabby, as I had put some effort and planning into it beforehand. I have actually been preparing for quite some time for this event! In fact, here are some photos of my display:

The sign with my logo inside, was actually an 8 buck frame that I picked up at a local thrift store! It was originally painted a gold color, but I bought a small bottle of acrylic paint and painted away! I think it turned out  cute, huh?


And I got these beautiful black and white sheets from Michael's in the scrap booking section! I just got two of them, put them together, and placed white thick poster paper on top, so my jewelry could be seen properly.

Here is a close up of the display. And here is my expanded Forest Treasures Collection, btw! People were really enamored with these.
Another close up. A new matching necklace-earrings set!

In addition to the friendly customers, I also had a bunch of friends and family who came to show their love and support! It it really meant a lot to me, and I want to say thank you to all the great people that came out! It was really comforting to see all of your familiar faces in that brand new environment.

Overall, my Navy Pier experience was a total success and an absolute blast, and I can't wait to do future shows!

In fact....I will be having another upcoming table at Northern Illinios University's (NIU) Anime Convention on Saturday, April 2nd! My brother, who runs his own T-shirt business, called Chou!, got his hands on a table over there. So I'll be there sharing the table with him and selling some of my designs. If you go to NIU or live around that area, be sure to check us out!

Ok well, that about wraps up my totally fun Navy Pier experience! I want to thank all the friends and family again who took the time to come out and support me! :)

-Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment