Friday, May 21, 2010

My First Post!

Hi everyone! It's me Carolyn~~

Thanks for checking out this blog! I decided to create a blog to give people updates on my jewelry and just to let you guys know its general process. I'll also talk about my life and stuff like that, but it's mainly to show my new designs =)

And if you don't know by now, I have an etsy account! Give it a look when you can <3:


So I recently learned that I could look through IL Secretary of State business database and check if my name was taken. Well it's not, lol, so that's why I settled on "Hermosa Jewelry"! What do you think of it? I think its unique. There's actually quite a few "Hermosa" names here in Illinois, like travel agencies and stuff, but luckily no one had my exact name. I guess names are registered state by state. So someone in CA could have my name but I guess it doesn't matter? I'm not really sure. I'm SO new to all of this!

Anyways, let's get to the main point of this post. I recently took pictures of my two latest jewelry designs! The good thing about making a blog is that you can post bigger photos of your stuff. On Etsy the photos are so small and you can't see the detail so much. Eat your hearts out!

Eye Candy Time!
(Click on pictures to make them bigger!)

My brand new Purple Swarovski Crystal Heart necklace.
It features two Swarovski Crystal heart pendants, attached
to two leaf bails. The chain is genuine Sterling Silver. Very durable!
And sparkly! (you can't really tell in the photos.)



Me wearing the necklace!



 These are my 14 karat gold bow drop earrings.
The pearls are genuine Swarovski Crystal Pearls
and the ear wires (where the little hearts are)
are 14kt gold. Cute, huh?

The pearl bow drop earrings along with another design! 
These are pink bow earrings. Really cutesy!



Well that's all for now! Thanks for checking out my first post! And please check back in the future!

<3 Carolyn

7 comments:

  1. so far so good! congrats on your new blog and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the comments everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clear pics! Just a little tip you can write your shop name and then hyperlink it with the address so it looks cleaner...not sure if that makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the necklace :)

    ReplyDelete