Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm back!

Hey everyone!

Sorry for that week long hiatus~ I was waiting on a large order of supplies, in addition to trying to study for finals. (Yes, I am studying for a Micro-economics final as I type this. Why am I blogging?! See this is why I can't study!) Haha, but I am back, don't worry! And I came back to show you my latest design!:

The Paris Romance Necklace.
(In Red and Sapphire)
I just gotta say that I really love this necklace. In these photos the charms look pretty big because I'm zoomed up on them. But in person, they are quite small and intricate. The smallness of them really makes this piece look sophisticated and high quality, which it is! For example, the heart pendant is only 10mm in size, which is less than half an inch!

Ok so let me give you the specifics on the design first. It consists of an antique Pewter Eiffel Tower charm that's paired with a cream colored Swarovski Crystal pearl and a 10mm Swarovski Crystal heart pendant. They all come strung on an 18" .925 sterling silver chain.


Here's a close up of the Eiffel Tower charm. The charm itself is just gorgeous! It's so precious that I considered making a necklace with just it by itself. Perhaps I'll release that in the future, or maybe other variations using it. (I plan on doing a gold version in the future) The intricate detailing on it really makes it stand out. It kind of reminds me of one of those little monopoly pieces!

What brings this necklace all together is the 6mm cream Swarovski crystal pearl I attached. Without it, the necklace lacks something. My roommate/best friend Silvia actually helped me out w/ the design. She said the pearl was a must, and she was right! She always gives me the best business and creative advice =P

Finally, I attached these three components to the .925 sterling silver charm. I recently learned how to create my own jump rings, which I used in this necklace! I was actually really excited when I could figure out to actually do that! (jumprings are the little metal circles used to attach the charms to the chain and other things.)

Also, the reason I decided on Red or Sapphire hearts is because I wanted to make the necklace as French as possible! Haha, the French flag is red, white, and blue too, ya know!

Anyways, here's some more eye candy for you all~








Me hanging the Sapphire one from my hand. I personally love this one. Sapphire is my birthstone, and blue just so happens to be my favorite color, so this version really suits me.
The red is also really cute too. I personally feel like it might match the silver better. But I love blue too much! And besides it'll match with my clothes better.

Let me know what you guys think! This is probably my favorite design so far =)

<3Carolyn

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! I would have never thought to put those three components together, but it works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. :) I like the blue best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - your biggest fan (you know who I am...hahaha)

    ReplyDelete